Project Description

Santa Maria de
Ramoneda, s.XI

Map 

This romanesque church from the XI century is located next to the abandoned house of Ramoneda, about 7 km from the parish of Sant Andreu del Puig. It can be ranged from Sant Andreu del Puig by Gavarra or Cortiuda path.
The existence of the chapel before the XII century is obvious due to its construction. Beside, it was not until 1335 that we had the first direct reference. According to a gathered document from this date we know that there was a priest of Ramoneda.
Despite its uniqueness, the church of Santa Maria de Ramoneda corresponds perfectly to the spatial solutions, constructive and ornamental architecture of the eleventh century, integrated into the evolved forms of Lombard architecture .